November 7, 2011

What I learned in Preston's

The biggest thing I learned from my AP literature class, is that in order to succeed, you must have your life in your own hands. And expect nobody to be there to help you. I first began to learn this while reading Hamlet. I saw a great change in his character, from in the beginning where he was very emotional, but then as the story progressed  Hamlet starts to control his emotions, stops relying on people and ends up avenging his father.
Also, through my literary analysis book Catch 22, I saw the same realization. The main character Yoassarin could see that nobody in the army would ever help him get discharged, and that the only way was to start acting crazy. Something I feel like doing as well.
Through this and other elements of the class, I have actually pushed myself to look for many scholarships and do all my college applications by myself. I realized now that i'm getting older and that I can't expect my parents or teachers to help me with anything. Now I do everything I do "Like a boss".


No comments:

Post a Comment