November 2, 2011

Roy Christopher Video Call

Well, that was quite a cool video chat.

I really like how he said that even though technology is expanding, that doesn't mean that you have to follow your peers.
     As in, he has been a riding a bike for 13 years because he doesn't have a car.
     Or how he still doesn't have a smartphone.
It's good to get away from all the technology at times, and just to relax or stare at a wall.

It's also nice to hear him say, that even though most things are becoming mobile, he still feels that some things will always be on the computer or t.v. Or actually on paper.

To the whole multitasking discussion, I really related to him, when he said how he prefers to have multiple projects on hand. So he knows for sure, he needs to actually start them. It's exactly how I do things also.

Nice to know also, that he has his trust in our generation. :)

These were the highlights I got from the video chat.
It was a very engaging experience, that I would love to happen again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ii thought it was cool that he did not want a smartphone because he wanted to come home and log on. It reminds me of something I read on his blog where it said that people do not want to combine the computer with the t.v. because they are two different experiences, that they either want to be on one or the other. Just thought I would share. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I bought it I have had a love/hate relationship with my smartphone for exactly the same reasons. Your notes made clear which ideas you thought were important-- but a great deal was said that didn't make it into your notes. What did you think about the future trends, or the ongoing cultural tension about life online? How can you improve your own tech use and inspire older generations to respect/trust you more?

    ReplyDelete