November 27, 2011

Literary Term: Anaphora

Anaphora: repetition of a word or words at the beginning of two or more successive verses,clauses, or sentences.



The first time I heard an anaphora was watching the movie Ten Things I hate about you. The main character recites a poem, which is one big anaphora. After that, when I hear that word, I automatically start to recite the poem.






It doesn't have to be in a peom form either, many people use anaphoras in rants to other people. Like in The Big Lebowski.




If you need any more explanation on this word, you may comment with any questions below. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, hatred consumes my life... >:)

    But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big Lebowski post totally engraves anaphora into my mind! I doubt I will ever forget the definition (I love the B.L. excellent movie)

    ReplyDelete