March 6, 2012

Shakespeare, shaken and stirred


One remix I found with Shakespeare rapping.


This a sonnet about on how to write one in iambic pentameter.
My way of helping somebody learn and having fun. :)


These sonnet poems are old and full of dust
But yet I want to learn to write one well.
To learn new forms for life is quite a must,
I need to learn, so Preston will not yell.


And so I sit, tonight, with mouse in hand,
Creating three new quatrains with a rhyme.
The rhythm flows like life at my command.
The A-B-A-B form consumes my time.


But I’m not done until there’s fourteen lines.
One ending couplet, after three quatrains.
Trying so hard to make one that's all mine,
Takes forever; I have to use my brain.


But I go on, my fourteen lines now done.
Finished, now other's learning has begun..

No comments:

Post a Comment