October 18, 2011

Who was Shakespeare?





Well, i went on google and typed in "Shakespeare's back ground" and got the website http://www.urbana.k12.oh.us/699/oh/williamshakespeare-backgro.htm. It said that he was born  April 23, 1964. His dad was glove maker and was fined for having a dunghill by his house. Shakespeare was married when he was eighteen, it was actually a shotgun wedding to Anne Hathaway. It wasn't until 1592 when his plays started to become hits. He died April 23, 1616.
Shakespeare, when the name is brought up in classrooms, I think most students hide for cover knowing what is coming for them. The  iambic pentameter alone makes you hate life and just reading old english is like nails on scratch board. Thats how I felt freshman year "reading" Romeo and Juliet. As my high school career comes to an end now, I have realized that Shakespeare is still hard as heck to comprehend, but I have become better at using tricks to understand it.I get that you can just read any of his literature like a book, you have to read it over and over again, and look up words to truly get what he is trying to get across.  

No comments:

Post a Comment